I-185 Scenic Byway
The I-185 Scenic Byway provides travelers with a view of gently undulating, mixed pine forest terrain as well as numerous opportunities for exploration of the intrinsic qualities found in the local region beyond the limits of the interstate route. Rich cultural and natural attractions may be found in the vicinity of the Byway, such as Pine Mountain and Franklin Delano Roosevelt State Park.
The I-185 Scenic Byway consists of 38 miles of Interstate 185 in Troup, Harris, and Muscogee Counties, from I-85 to Exit 12, Williams Road, just north of the City of Columbus.
Roads Included in the Byway
Attractions Found in the Vicinity of the Byway
- Pine Mountain (6.5 miles from Byway)
- Franklin Delano Roosevelt State Park (9 miles from Byway)
- Lake Harding (6.3 miles from Byway)
- Blanton Creek Wildlife Management Area (3.5 miles from Byway)
- Jones Crossroads community (3 miles from Byway)
- Whitesville community (.5 miles from Byway)
- Flat Rock Park (5.5 miles from Byway)
- Calloway Gardens (6.5 miles from Byway)