How to Get Started
Carefully read all the terms and conditions of your permit.
- Organize your group and get commitments before you submit your permit application.
- Contact the District Coordinator for your part of the state. The District Coordinator can tell you whether a particular site is available for adoption or can, if you prefer, recommend a suitable site for you.
- Complete the permit application and submit it to the Georgia DOT District Office.
- The District Coordinator will notify you when you are approved and will assist you in getting started.
Please be aware of these conditions pertaining to your permit:
- You cannot transfer your permit to others.
- You or Georgia DOT may cancel anytime you are unable to meet the permit requirements.
- Permits may be temporarily suspended by Georgia DOT for safety reasons.