Conventional state and federal routes may be adopted, as well as a limited number of interstate interchanges. Check with your local District Coordinator to determine what roads in your area are available for adoption.
For routes other than state and federal, please contact your local county Keep Georgia Beautiful affiliate.
Areas that Cannot be Adopted
The following areas are not available for adoption:
- Areas that are already adopted (you can be put on a waiting list for these areas on a first-come, first-served basis).
- Controlled access roads.
- Areas where the speed limit is more than 55 mph.
- Areas where access is unsafe.
- Areas that are safe only with traffic control.
- Areas where the shoulder of the road is too narrow or steep.
- Areas where visibility is too restricted.
- Areas where construction is under way or planned.
- Areas that have heavy traffic or the traffic is too close to the work area.
- Areas where the terrain is too rugged or where the vegetation is too dense.
In the above situations, your District Coordinator will be happy to find you a more suitable, safer area to adopt.